Monday, June 18, 2012

Review: SexyLook Extreme Whitening Duo Lifting Mask

I have been a fan of sheet masks for years as they are convenient to use and easy to bring along wherever I go. As such, I am extremely delighted to be contacted by Secretive.sg to review 2 of the masks available on their website: SexyLook Extreme Whitening Duo Lifting Mask and Love More White Crystal & Platinium Petide Moisturizing Mask. For the posting today, the review will be on SexyLook Extreme Whitening Duo Lifting Mask.
SexyLook Extreme Whitening Duo Lifting Mask contains multiple whitening extracts such as white truffles, black pearl, barley extract and tranexamic acid. With these multiple extracts, the mask is able to fight against yellowish and uneven skin tone. In additon, it is also able to diminish dark spots, moisturise and sooth skin. For me who has been plagued with uneven skin tone and freckles, this sure sound like a good mask to try.

Unlike a normal sheet mask which covers your face, this is a 3D mask which is able to firm the chin and neck area with the additional 'extension'.

The initial feel I have about the mask is that the thickness of the sheet is just nice. I have tried sheet masks which is just too thin (which makes it extremely filmsy) or too thick (which make it difficult to adhere to my face). However, this sheet mask is too small for my big face that I am unable to pull the 2 hooks at the side to my ears as well as the hooks to cover the chin area without overstretching the mask and running the risk of tearing it apart. As such, I just put it on like how I would use a normal mask and slap it on (see pic below). Good thing the 'extension' at the chin area was still able to stick on and not drop off thus enabling me to mask my chin as well. 

The second feel about Sexylook Extreme Whitening Duo Lifting Mask is the amount of essence on the mask is just right as well. It's enough to cover my face and last through the 15 - 20 minutes wait so that the essence can be properly absorbed into the skin and yet not be dripping wet.

After 20 minutes whereby the mask can be removed, I gently pat the remaining essence into my skin and it does not feel sticky and wet as all the goodness from the essence are absorb. Before the application of my usual night moisturiser, I noticed my skin is well moisturised and plump and my pores are not as obvious due to sufficient moisturisation from the mask. In fact, my skin still look as plump with not obvious pores despite sleeping in an air-conditioned room in the night. Although I do not see any significant lightening of my dark spots, my face does look brighter. 

Would I recommend this mask? I would even though the mask is not big enough to be a 3D mask for me but for ladies with smaller face, this should not be a problem. I specially love the moisturising and brightening effect from the mask. :)

Sexy Look Extreme Whitening Duo Lifting Mask is currently available on Secretive.sg for a discounted price of $1.65 per mask or $7.90 for a box of 5 masks. So grab this offer if you are keen to try. To find out more about Secretive.sg and the masks available, do join their Facebook page!


Disclosure: The product in this review is sent by the company for my review and consideration. All opinions stated are my own honest views and no compensation is received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...